At the Coalition for Nonprofit Housing and Economic Development (CNHED) we have a vision of the District as a place where all residents have safe, decent affordable housing. Unfortunately, many families in Washington, DC struggle to find homes they can afford and may not be able to stay in the communities where they grew up. Submit your essay, poetry, or story that tells your vision of Housing For All and win a prize! Submissions are due Friday January 11.
We encourage everyone to share their stories and their vision as we work to win Housing For All in DC. See Contest Guidelines.
Prompt: The Housing For All Campaign has a vision of a DC where everyone has decent, quality housing at a price they can afford. What is your vision of Housing For All? What would it look like? What would it feel like? How has your experience in your housing shaped you and your vision? What would it take for us to reach that vision?
First Prize: $100 Gift Certificate Second
Prize: $50 Gift Certificate
Third Prize: $25 Gift Certificate
(Awarded in both youth and adult categories)
• Submissions should be no more than 500 words- essay, story or poetry accepted
• Submissions are due January 11, 2013
• Submissions and questions should be directed to Elizabeth Falcon: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Authors should state if they are applying in the adult or youth category. (Authors over 18 should submit in the “adult” category)
• Winners will be informed by January 18, 2013
• Winners will be recognized at the Housing for All Rally Saturday, January 26 at noon at Martin Luther King Library. All are welcome to attend.
• Any submissions become the property of CNHED. Winning entries will be published on our blog www.housingforallblog.org . All publications will credit the author.
Download the flier here.