At the Coalition for Nonprofit Housing and Economic Development (CNHED)’s Housing For All Campaign, we know “home is where the heart is” is more than just a phrase. We work to make sure that District residents have safe, decent affordable homes. Unfortunately, many families in Washington, DC struggle to find homes they can afford and pour their heart into.
Submit your essay, poetry, or story that tells us about your home to win a prize! We encourage everyone to share their stories and their vision as we work to win Housing For All in DC. See Contest Guidelines.
- Submissions should be no more than 500 words — essay, story or poetry accepted.
- Submissions are due January 10, 2014.
- Submissions and questions should be directed to Elizabeth Falcon: email@example.com
- Authors should state if they are applying in the adult or youth category. (Authors over 18 should submit in the “adult” category)
- Winners will be informed by January 17, 2014.
- Winners will be recognized at the Housing For All Rally Saturday, February 1. All are welcome to attend.
- Any submissions become the property of CNHED. Winning entries will be published on our blog www.housingforallblog.org. All publications will credit the author.