At CNHED’s Housing For All Campaign, we know how sweet a home can be. A home is a special place. It may hold sweet memories or be a place that gives you sweet dreams.
Submit your essay, poem, or story that tells us what makes a home so sweet, and you could be a winner! Submissions are due Friday, January 8. We encourage everyone young and old to share their stories as we work to win Housing For All in DC. See Contest Guidelines below.
Prompt: Tell us what makes a home “Home Sweet Home.” It could be where you live now, where you once lived, or where you hope to live.
First Prize: $100 Gift Certificate
Second Prize: $50 Gift Certificate
Third Prize: $25 Gift Certificate
Awarded in both youth and adult categories
Download the flier and share with your networks!
- Submissions should be no more than 500 words- essay, story or poetry accepted.
- Submissions are due January 8, 2016.
- Submissions and questions should be directed to Elizabeth Falcon: email@example.com
- Authors should state if they are applying in the adult or youth category. (Authors over 18 should submit in the “adult” category).
- Authors who have won in previous years are not eligible to win again.
- Winners will be informed by January 15, 2016.
- Winners will be recognized at the Housing For All Rally in February – details will be announced to all participants. All are welcome to attend. The first place winner in each category will be asked to read their winning submission.
- Any submissions become the property of CNHED. Winning entries will be published on our blog www.cnhed.org/housing-for-all-campaign/blog. All publications will credit the author.
Contact: Elizabeth Falcon – firstname.lastname@example.org – 202-745-0902 x205 – www.cnhed.org – Download the flier