Thank You for Attending Our Event!
Thank you for attending CNHED’
What Our Monthly Meeting Focused On:
- Highlighted underlying effects of the District’s recent cannabis/ marijuana legislation.
- Discussed the challenges current legislation presents for communities of color, and their ability to participate in the District workforce across industries, especially those that conduct random drug testing such as health & medical (hospital/ clinic), construction, hospitality & food service, and transportation.
- Possible local solutions to combat the disparity; and MUCH more. Read the notes.
Thanks Again to Our Fantastic Speakers:
- An Uncomfortable Link Between Race and Marijuana Arrests in D.C. WAMU 5/1/15
- Is Marijuana Testing Going Up in Smoke? HireRight 1/22/19
- Legalized Cannabis Remains a Burning Topic for Employers Workforce 2/27/19
- Racial Disparities in D.C. Policing: Description Evidence from 2013-2017 ACLU District of Columbia 5/13/19
- Local D.C. Courts Acquitted Him, But He Still Went to Prison Washington City Paper 5/19/19