Lifted from our friends at NACEDA:
When: TODAY, Sept 15 and tomorrow, Sept 16, 9 am–5 pm
- Raise the spending caps.
- Fully fund affordable housing and community development programs.
Congress is on a collision course with the federal budget unless they lift Sequester spending caps. Members of Congress returned to DC this week to craft a budget deal. These are a few of the cuts on the table:
- Empty the National Housing Trust Fund in 2016 and forever after (House bill).
- Effectively eliminate the HOME program with a 93% funding cut (Senate bill).
- Fail to renew existing vouchers (House bill would not renew 28,000 existing vouchers, Senate bill would not renew 50,000 existing vouchers).
- Insufficiently fund the renewal of all project-based rental assistance contracts (House bill).
- Cut public housing capital funds (House and Senate bills).
- Eliminate increases sought by HUD for Homeless Assistance Grants (House and Senate bills).
Tell Congress how devastating Sequester spending cuts are to low-income children, families, seniors and veterans in the communities you serve. Join advocates from across the U.S. in flooding Congress with calls September 15-16. Share this email with colleagues, partners and everyone you know who cares about saving housing and community development programs.