On Friday, March 23 at 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM, the Coalition for Nonprofit Housing and Economic Development (CNHED), in partnership with the DC Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA), will host How to Navigate Permitting and Construction for Community-Based Developers. Our goal is to inform community-based developers about new sustainability, energy efficiency and other requirements for many new construction or rehabilitation projects.
This all-day workshop will equip nonprofit developers to efficiently obtain permits and licensing for affordable housing and commercial development projects and avoid increased costs or delays in the process.
Date Friday, March 23, 2018
Time 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Registration & breakfast at 8:30 AM. Lunch included.
Location PNC Bank (800 17th St. NW) - 12th floor
Washington, DC 20006
UPDATED presenters include:
- Ibrahim Bullor, Environmental Review Coordinator, DOEE
- Kevin Edwards, Chief Information Officer, DCRA
- Dillon Goodell, Environmental Engineer, DOEE
- Paul Goldstein, Program Analyst, Office of the Zoning Administrator, DCRA
- Jeff Reiss, Third Party Program – Technical Advisor, DCRA
- Nicole Rogers, Permit Center Supervisor, DCRA
What we’ll cover:
- Overview of the DCRA permitting process (timelines, applications, fees, & pitfalls to avoid)
- Agency roles in reviewing plans
- Pros & cons of the third party reviewer process & third party inspections
- Zoning, Certificate of Occupancy & Inclusionary Zoning
- DOEE specific training (Environmental Impact Screening Form, stormwater management & determining the Green Area Ratio)
MAX CAPACITY REACHED!
Thank you for your interest in our upcoming event! We have reach MAX capacity and can no longer accept registrations. Please contact Precious Rideout at email@example.com or (202) 745-0902 x208 to be added to the waitlist.
Entry will not be permitted until you have been confirmed by Precious to come off of the waitlist.