Are you interested in hosting a VISTA?
A VISTA can be an incredible capacity-building asset for your organization, helping you make lasting change that endures long after their term of service. If you believe you would benefit from a VISTA, there are a few steps you’ll need to take.
Here are some other questions to consider:
- Think about the project you’d like the VISTA to support.
- What are its goals?
- How can a VISTA help you reach them?
- Does my organization have the resources to sustain the project after they leave?
- What support can I provide to a VISTA candidate in return?
- The AmeriCorps program provides a living stipend, health care, and training, as well as an education stipend awarded after the VISTA completes their term of service
- VISTA Strong Communities host sites are asked to provide $1000 per month to offset the high cost of housing in DC. Is your organization able to provide this support?
- Can you organization provide workspace and internet access?
- Can your organization offer professional development opportunities?
- Who will supervise the VISTA?
- Each VISTA is paired with an organizational supervisor who helps them fulfill their duties – who at your organization will take that on?
- Read through the pre-application document prior to submitting a proposal to the online portal below.