VISTA Strong Communities is a capacity-building partnership between CNHED and the AmeriCorps VISTA national service program. VISTA members are people from all walks of life who commit to serve for a full year with the end goal of finding long-term solutions to poverty. In pursuit of this goal, they work full-time at a community-based organizations creating ways that address the needs of low- and moderate-income residents.
CNHED launched VISTA Strong Communities in 2018 and welcomed our first cohort of ten VISTA members in the spring of 2019.
Why should a CNHED member participate in VISTA?
VISTA members are talented, passionate, civic-minded individuals your organization can use to turn its dreams into realities.
- Not just an extra pair of hands, VISTA members work to make their host organizations’ programs sustainable, ensuring that the benefits continue after they leave
- Each year, VISTA members nearly double every dollar invested in them
- The VISTA program cultivates a new generation of community leaders – 70% of VISTA members serve in their hometown
Interested in hosting a VISTA?
What would your organization do if you had more time? More hands on deck? What could you do better, and what new and exciting projects might you take on? If you have an idea, then:
- Look through our questions to consider page for eligibility
- Review the pre-application document
- Submit your application to our online portal!
The application period host sites for the 2021-2022 program year is now open! If you have any questions or concerns, contact Samara Bharath, VISTA Leader, at email@example.com.
>> APPLY NOW!<<
Meet our current VISTAS!